So, I’ve noticed my blog has not yet been shut down or abandoned me… I feared it would put me in a time-out corner for not visiting, but alas, it’s still here, faithful. Coooool….
I have a lot to say and nothing being that I’m clam-like. I’m wondering if better writers are more open? OR, maybe what I should’ve done to begin with is used a pseudonym, (now I get it….)
So, on to the non-open topics of which may not attract so much attention, but which I choose to write in my “non-pseudonymed” state:
- The sun has not, yet abandoned Seattle. It yet shines. Yay.
- I’ve come to enjoy calling two to three places home, but, technology has yet to catch up with my desires to clone myself.
- The process of making big life changes resembles the pace of rush hour traffic.
- These 8 things are good for my body or soul: prayer, exercise, yoga, outdoors, quiet time, 2 happy hour drinks, moderate sugar and writing.
- Of the things in list 4 that are healthy, I often need good company, encouragement or a kick in the ass to do them.
- Stress kills the mind, body, desire, energy and creativity.
- God still speaks. His latest: “Do not forget to whom you belong.”
- It’s a job to find a job.
- Social media is both fun and depressing.
- My children are a ray of sunshine in my life.
Yeah, I’m not a musician, but some mornings I wake up hearing the best guitar solo, seriously, but with no instrumental talent to let it out. I guess I’m “inner-expressing”. It seems a much safer avenue then letting it out which at times I choose to do and it ain’t pretty, raw emotion rarely is. It‘s like having a lion inside my inner lamb that needs to roar and my inner controls just are tired of holding onto it, so I let it go. Roar! and all too quickly following the roar is a paw going right to my mouth which then transforms into like a chicken claw (can’t think of the animal lingo) and I become an Ostrich ready to stick my head in the sand. Do ostriches really do that? Ostriches are weird. I don’t even know if I’m spelling it right, but too early to check. Maybe I’m an ostrich because only recently I saw a video comparing a sound they make to a lion.
Ok, enough about animals I don’t know much about. I’m writing because I woke up early and I have a busy day ahead of me and I just want time to click the keyboard in peace. I may not be able to fly my fingers on guitar strings, but I can type, and fast! Okay, not like Elaine-fast 😉
What woke me up? A dream I was having. In it I was pulling up a chair and talking to my mother and I was enjoying it. The older I get, the more I get her, the more I understand her and it, the roar. She needed to roar at times, she needed us to know it was there and now I understand why.
then go stick your head in the sand)
I’m sorry, but if time doesn’t fly, then whatever it is that it’s doing is undoubtedly equivalent to some sort of tangible (or intangible!) movement. The last time I posted on here is September, and a whole month has gone by. I have not even bought a freakin’ pumpkin’ and all the ornaments are hung up in the stores!
Is this the phenomenon of aging? Or are young people experiencing this as well?
It doesn’t matter, the update is as follows:
- I appreciate the time I’m given on earth. My life is much easier than many millions of people. I may not be rich (depending of some people’s definition), but I’m sure as hell privileged and I’m quite aware of it and grateful.
- I love learning. I love learning about people. I love learning about people and their various experiences. I love learning about people, their culture and their various food experiences.
- This week I’ve learned what “soldiers” are in terms of an English dish. It’s when you put half a soft boiled egg into an elegant egg cup, (making sure there’s runny yolk) and then putting at least 6 skinny slices of toast in it for dipping. (Please feel free to correct me!)
- Motivation is a curious thing. In my opinion, it appeals to us (humans) to have desirable choices offered especially when faced with the inevitable choices we encounter daily in having to work. (Not sure that makes sense even to me)
- I enjoy discovering human’s fallibility. (Just me?)
- I have a rebellious streak and I push limits of authority.
- I like fairness.
~That’s all, it’s late. Goodnight.
I’m still saying “ahhh” after the 3rd writing class which has also meant quite change in how I had been writing my story. Knowledge is pain and ignorance is definitely bliss. I’m happy to have gained the knowledge because now, I’m less stuck and though challenged, I can see a path to walk on, it’s just that the path got a bit longer.
All that writing has delayed my thinking about Halloween. My husband and I are invited to a party which I’d love to go to because I’ve also failed at buying Halloween candy in a neighborhood that is popular for trick-or-treating! So, I need to be outta here, but what to wear??