Yesterday, I kinda went on a preaching tangent, but that’s what wine and such can do. Today is a new day filled with possibilities, I’m sure.
As I sit in my backyard, I’m thinking back on my vacation and decided to remember it this way. Did I say “vaca” yesterday? Ugh.
1. Her faraway thoughts came to the surface and came forth, not quite as tears, but as an extra liquid layer to her green eyes.
2. His movements were robotic, as he walked into the bar. The drink in his hand had failed to erase the tension in his jerky movements.
3. Her forced smile belied the depression which stormed her mind.
4. To herself, she danced in a free spirited fashion, but to others, she appeared awkward and almost “monkey-like” in her attempts.
5. They moved as one on the dance floor as she stared and imagined the movements horizontally.
6. Her teacher tried to rub the tiredness from her eyes unsuccessfully and left more lines in the wake.
7. She forced herself to look at the clock on the wall, as her father shuffled in slowly from the kitchen. As he passed, she gave him a smile hoping that her love would give him more time.
8. The irritation bubbled over and spilled out in correction to her mother and later formed a pit that lodged itself in her stomach.
9. She lay head spinning on the soft sheets contemplating whether or not to sleep in the toilet or not.
10. As she lay in her childhood bed, the memories tackled her into fitful sleep.