I started the day in pain, physical pain. It was taken care of with a couple of Advil, but it slowed me down for the morning. Later, despite the lag in energy, I got out for a brief walk to the nearby store.
In just that 20 minute walk to and from the store, I saw 5 things to lift my mood:
1) Despite the drought, I still saw many flowers that took my breathe away. A few I hadn’t seen before like orange daisies and a lighter colored sun flower.
2) I admired a child’s “take-one, leave-one” display that I’ve seen before, but keep forgetting to bring something with me to exchange, (next time).
3) I saw a man walking his pair of goats. I wanted to take a picture, but I was too shy. As the goats walked, they nibbled and weeded yards. Cool!
4) On my way home, since the sky is cloudless today, I saw in the distance, the mountain range, beautiful.
5) Also, in the cloudless blue sky, I saw a series of airplanes that will probably be part of the Seafair festival out for a practice run. I know it’s a big deal here in Seattle this weekend.